The director of the game Assassin’s Creed Black Flag Resynced made an unusual request to enthusiasts: to maintain engagement with the title even after the long-awaited arrival of Grand Theft Auto VI (GTA 6).
The expectation for GTA 6, scheduled for release on November 19, is immense, promising to absorb most of gamers’ attention and time. This expected dominance has led many other companies to postpone their major launches, concentrating their debuts between September and the beginning of October to avoid direct confrontation.
The question then arises about support for existing titles, such as the recently released Resynced, after that date. When asked about upcoming content and updates for the remake, director Richard Knight preferred to keep the mystery, but confirmed that the “New Game Plus” mode, previously announced by publisher Ubisoft, is in the plans.
What comes next is still uncertain. However, it is notable that support for the game will extend at least until the arrival of Grand Theft Auto VI in November.
Learn more: Director of Assassin’s Creed Black Flag Resynced urges players to ignore GTA 6 launch
“I can’t confirm anything officially, but it doesn’t seem like an unreasonable bet,” commented Knight in an interview with YouTuber JorRaptor, known for his involvement with the Assassin’s Creed franchise.
“Our team undoubtedly needs to continue supporting the game. We need, of course, to fix the problems encountered by players, and we apologize for any inconvenience caused by the bugs, which affect us as well. Furthermore, the goal is to implement quality of life improvements. Therefore, it is a very plausible expectation. And, of course, please continue to play our game even with the release of GTA 6.”
Ubisoft, publisher of the title, had already confirmed the previous week the inclusion of “New Game Plus” in *Resynced*, a novelty that accompanied the celebration of the milestone of 3 million units sold. “I believe the adventures will continue with New Game Plus mode soon, folks,” the company said in a statement.
“We are currently focused on developing New Game Plus,” said Knight. “It’s definitely one of the priorities. This is partly due to the fact that Assassin’s Creed Shadows has already implemented its own version, which makes ours a lower-risk feature. We’re still in the process, so I can’t guarantee a precise date, but work is ongoing. It’s a very organic addition to the game.”
On the same topic: Director of Assassin’s Creed Black Flag Resynced calls for fan loyalty against GTA 6 advancement
What are the possible future expansions for the game?
Among the possibilities, the inclusion of a challenge mode stands out, similar to what was recently implemented in *Assassin’s Creed Mirage*. This modality offers players the chance to revisit story missions with new goals, accumulating points to unlock additional items and customization options within the game.
Another element much requested by fans would be the acclaimed “Freedom Cry” expansion, from the original Black Flag, which tells an unprecedented story centered on the character Adewale. However, implementing content of this magnitude would require considerable effort from Ubisoft and, to date, there is no sign that such a project is in development.
More on this story: Insomniac Games confirms New Game Plus mode on the day of launch of Marvel’s Wolverine for PlayStation 5

